Building on our Intro to Producing workshop, you will receive in-depth guidance on how to manage a safe, equitable, and efficient set as a producer. All the skills and practices taught will be beneficial to any crew member on a production; they establish baseline knowledge and a feminist framework for on-set productions.
COURSE SCHEDULE & LESSON PLAN
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23
- Session A: 11:00am-12:30pm
- Break w/ Assignment: 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Session B: 2:30pm-4:00pm
- (3 hours of instruction with 2 hours of break)
SESSION A (11:00am-12:30pm)
The following skills and topics will be covered:
- COVID-19 Safety Plans - Establishing general safety practices, current policies, and information on where to receive the most up-to-date government information and trainings.
- Green Film Productions - Creating sustainable practices to save money and the planet.
Use your break to create a COVID-19 Safety Plan and build a schedule for a fully-compliant day of on-set production.
SESSION B (2:30pm-4:00pm)
Share your COVID-19 Safety Plan and receive feedback from classmates and the instructor, as well as ask any questions which may have arisen during your process. More in-depth discussions will also cover:
- Running a Feminist Set - Establishing a safe and inclusive production environment for everyone.
- Set Etiquette - Determining a clear division of labor and best practices on communicating with crew.
Introductory. Those who are interested in deeper learning are encouraged to take Intro to Producing for Film & Media prior to this workshop.
Online, via Zoom. All workshops will be live-captioned.
Ages 17+. Anyone who wishes to enter the local film and video production industry, high school and college students over age 17, those who are interested in freelancing, and those who plan to run productions while COVID-19 restrictions are in place. Women and nonbinary students age 17-26 who complete all the workshops can apply to become RG Pro as paid apprentices. Email email@example.com for more information!
WHAT ARE RG PRO'S PRODUCTION INTENSIVES WORKSHOPS?
An ongoing series of modular film production workshops designed to provide young and budding filmmakers with training opportunities around the fundamentals of film. Eligible participants who complete the entire series have the opportunity to become an apprentice of Northwest Film Forum’s production company, RG Pro.
To adapt to COVID-19, our online education offerings are slightly different from previous iterations of the Production Intensives workshops, with a deeper focus on pre-production, livestreaming, and post-production.
WINTER 2021 SCHEDULE:
- Jan. 16: Intro to Producing for Film & Media
- Jan. 23: Producing On Set
- Jan. 30 & Feb. 2: Scriptwriting & Storyboarding
- Feb. 6 & Feb. 9: Livestreaming & Virtual Production
- Feb. 13 & Feb. 16: Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Feb. 20 & Feb. 23: Intro to Adobe After Effects
- Feb. 27 & Mar. 2: Motion Graphics in Adobe After Effects