This workshop is currently full. Please choose waitlist from the drop down below if you would like to be notified if a seat becomes available. If you are interested in registering for the entire series, please make a note of that during the checkout process. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The first course in our Production Intensives series will introduce you to the materials skills and workflow required turn a short non-fiction video or film from concept into full-fledged professional production.
COURSE SCHEDULE & LESSON PLAN
SATURDAY, JANUARY 16
- Session A: 11:00am-12:30pm
- Break w/ Assignment: 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Session B: 2:30pm-4:00pm
- (3 hours of instruction with 2 hours of break)
SESSION A (11:00am-12:30pm)
The following skills and topics will be covered:
- Project Planning - Communicating with partners and collaborators by defining a project’s scope and timeline.
- Crews & Roles - Assigning roles on a film set and determining which your project will need.
- Budgets - Building and setting basic production budgets.
- Pre-Production - Gaining an overview of necessary permits and paperwork, such as releases, scripts, and callsheets.
- Invoices & Accounting - Tracking expenses and invoicing clients.
Use your break to create a speculative project budget and callsheet based on an upcoming project of your choosing or a fictional project we supply.
SESSION B (2:30pm-4:00pm)
Share your assigned project and receive feedback from classmates and the instructor, as well as ask any questions which may have arisen during your process.
Online, via Zoom. All workshops will be live-captioned.
Ages 17+. Anyone who wishes to enter the local film and video production industry, high school and college students over 17, and those who are interested in freelancing. Women and nonbinary students age 17-26 who complete all the workshops can apply to become RG Pro as paid apprentices. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
WHAT ARE RG PRO'S PRODUCTION INTENSIVES WORKSHOPS?
An ongoing series of modular film production workshops designed to provide young and budding filmmakers with training opportunities around the fundamentals of film. Eligible participants who complete the entire series have the opportunity to become an apprentice of Northwest Film Forum’s production company, RG Pro.
To adapt to COVID-19, our online education offerings are slightly different from previous iterations of the Production Intensives workshops, with a deeper focus on pre-production, livestreaming, and post-production.
WINTER 2021 SCHEDULE:
- Jan. 16: Intro to Producing for Film & Media
- Jan. 23: Producing On Set
- Jan. 30 & Feb. 2: Scriptwriting & Storyboarding
- Feb. 6 & Feb. 9: Livestreaming & Virtual Production
- Feb. 13 & Feb. 16: Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Feb. 20 & Feb. 23: Intro to Adobe After Effects
- Feb. 27 & Mar. 2: Motion Graphics in Adobe After Effects