Learn the essentials of editing in Adobe Premiere Pro Creative Cloud, which has become an industry standard editing software for film and video. This workshop will frame your learning within a professional workflow and offer an understanding of the basic tools, layout, and uses that will make learning the deeper aspects of the software easier. Learn and practice with sample projects we will provide.
COURSE SCHEDULE & LESSON PLAN
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13
Session A: 11:00am-12:30pm PST
Session B: 6:30pm-8:00pm PST
(3 hours of instruction over two days, with at-home project to be completed between the two sessions)
SESSION A (11:00am-12:30pm PST on Saturday, February 13)
The following skills and topics will be covered:
- An Editor's Role - Learning how editors fit into the production timeline and workflow.
- Data Management - Organizing your media prior to and during the edit.
- Project Basics - Practicing with a hands-on project by learning how to import media into a timeline, cut video and audio, and add basic graphics.
Edit an interview using sample B-roll footage from a recent RG Pro shoot to create a short sample video.
SESSION B (6:30pm-8:00pm PST on Tuesday, February 16)
Share your edit, then receive feedback from classmates and the instructor, who will answer any questions which may have arisen during your process. More in-depth discussions will also cover:
- Basic Sound & Color - Utilizing audio and color adjustments to create a more polished product.
- Media Exports - Creating a final file, while gaining an understanding of common file types.
Introductory. Our following two workshops -- Intro to After Effects and Motion Graphics in After Effects -- will expand upon this knowledge.
Online, via Zoom. All workshops will be live-captioned.
A computer or tablet which can access Zoom and shared Google Drive files. An Adobe Creative Cloud membership or free trial are also required. If you have questions about Adobe Creative Cloud or need access to a NWFF computer or laptop, please email our Education Manager at email@example.com to explore options.
Ages 17+. Anyone who wishes to enter the local film and video production industry, high school and college students over 17, those who are interested in freelancing, and creatives looking to livestream their own projects. Women and nonbinary students age 17-26 who complete all the workshops can apply to become RG Pro as paid apprentices. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Tifa Tomb is a director, writer and editor based in Seattle. Her upcoming live action/animation short film Creak! premieres in 2021.
WHAT ARE RG PRO'S PRODUCTION INTENSIVES WORKSHOPS?
An ongoing series of modular film production workshops designed to provide young and budding filmmakers with training opportunities around the fundamentals of film. Eligible participants who complete the entire series have the opportunity to become an apprentice of Northwest Film Forum’s production company, RG Pro.
To adapt to COVID-19, our online education offerings are slightly different from previous iterations of the Production Intensives workshops, with a deeper focus on pre-production, livestreaming, and post-production.
WINTER 2021 SCHEDULE:
- Jan. 16: Intro to Producing for Film & Media
- Jan. 23: Producing On Set
- Jan. 30 & Feb. 2: Scriptwriting & Storyboarding
- Feb. 6 & Feb. 9: Livestreaming & Virtual Production
- Feb. 13 & Feb. 16: Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Feb. 20 & Feb. 23: Intro to Adobe After Effects
- Feb. 27 & Mar. 2: Motion Graphics in Adobe After Effects